Friday, July 18, 2008

telecom grrr!!

The most annoying things about using the internet are waiting for pages to open and files to download. We had Telecom broadband and it was so slow I seemed to spend half my life watching that little 'wait' circle going round and round and round.
It got so slow that the computers' screen saver came on before a page had opened.
The speed got noticeably slower in our new house so we complained to Telecom but they told us there was nothing wrong with the connection or the line so it must be our computer - what a cheek there was nothing wrong with our computer in the old house! And how on earth a man in India knows that there is a problem with my computer is way beyond me.
So to save me wasting my life watching that little circle go round and round we have had the phone disconnected. This means we save $90 per month, I don't get infuriated with the computer and I don't get stressed talking to Telecoms' useless costomer help desk. AHH I feel less stressed already!
We now use a mobile plug in device now and it works fine.

1 comment:

Marrisa said...

The wonder of modern technology. I love the fact there is always an Indian man sitting who knows were always ready to accuse the PC first - we know it well! x